Happy New Year everyone! We hope 2013 will be as promising and rewarding of a year as it's shaping up for OpenSocial. We are excited to announce us being a part of several events this quarter...
IBM ConnectOnce again there will be lots of OpenSocial going on at IBM Connect, going on in Orlando from January 27th thru the 31st. In the exhibits area stop by the IBM Signature Solutions Area to see how OpenSocial is being leveraged to extend the reach and integration of Social Capabilities to third-party applications. You'll learn more about OpenSocial and other standards are driving innovation for integration across business applications.
There also are a number of OpenSocial related sessions, namely...
- INV211 : The New Social Business Paradigm with OpenSocial
- AD103 : Social Standards Across IBM Connections, IBM Notes, IBM iNotes and IBM Domino
- AD206 : IBM Lotus Domino XPages: Embrace, Extend, Integrate
- AD212 : Whats New in IBM Lotus Notes Widgets and LiveText: Linking Your Data to the World!
- ID101 : What's New in IBM iNotes 9.0 Social Edition
- BP209 : In The Land of Social Apps, the API is King
- JMP102 : Extending Your App Arsenal With OpenSocial
ApacheCon NAWe will also be a part of ApacheCon North America 2013, going in Portland, OR from February 24th thru the 28th. The official conference, trainings, and expo of The Apache Software Foundation (ASF), ApacheCon draws Open Source users, developers, gurus, students, novices, community managers, and enthusiasts to address today’s issues, opportunities, and solutions focusing on the ASF’s nearly 150 projects and initiatives. With both Shindig and Rave as official Apache projects, we will be bring the OpenSocial message through two sessions...
- Make #hashtags come alive using Apache Rave and OpenSocial! - http://na.apachecon.com/schedule/presentation/196/
- OpenSocial Embedded Experiences with ActivityStrea.ms in Apache Rave - http://na.apachecon.com/schedule/presentation/143/
CeBIT 2013 - Hannover, GermanyWe will also be at CeBIT in Hannover, Germany, which is the world's largest and most international computer expo. Held each year on the Hanover fairground, it is considered a barometer of the state of the art in information technology. We are excited to have a panel discussion with several OpenSocial Foundation board members, along with foundation president Mark Weitzel, on one of the stages. In addition, look for OpenSocial foundation members SugarCRM and IBM exhibiting, and come visit the OW2 village.
We look forward to having more events in 2013 to bring the OpenSocial message to the social business community.