If you're not familiar with the specification process, here's how OpenSocial evolves from one version to the next:
- New ideas are proposed and discussed on the spec list (which anyone can contribute to).
- Proposals that are selected by the community are prototyped to flesh out the details.
- After a vote, the new version of the spec is published.
- Containers implement support for the new spec.
- App developers start using the new features.
Many of the folks who contributed to OpenSocial v0.9 will be at Google I/O in San Francisco on May 27-28. We love to talk about this stuff, so check out the Google I/O site to sign up and join us.