- Many new data fields in the Person class.
- Activity templates: makes it possible to consolidate multiple activity messages into
a single summary so users don't have to wade through a flood of messages.
- A more restrictive privacy model. These policy decisions are specific to Orkut, other OpenSocial sites may choose different policies.
- No access to VIEWER profile unless the VIEWER has the app installed.
- No access to VIEWER app data unless the VIEWER has the app installed
- No ability to read activities.
- Can only post to the OWNER activity stream
- Multiple content sections in gadget specs.
We have organized hackathons February 7-8 and February 14-15 at the Googleplex in Mountain View to help prepare your applications for the upcoming launch of OpenSocial on Orkut.
If you cannot make it to he hackathons, you can still submit your application for review online.
Update: Clarified that the above privacy model for activities and persistence is what Orkut has chosen, and other containers may choose different policies.